HORUS – ENERGIA solution for coal mines – an engine fueled by coal mine methane in Bielszowice
HORUS – ENERGIA, working for MARANI Sp. z o.o. order, has designed and manufactured a co-generating engine-compressor set fueled by Bielszowice coal mine methane.
The system was commissioned in April 2017, and during its almost 5 months of operation, it has been operating for 3250mth, which describes a very high availability and lack of exploitation problems.
Engine-compressor co-generating set simultaneously produces heat and compressed air.
The product consists of:
- gas engine with mechanical power of about 400kW, which combusts 1,7 Nm3/min
- air compressor with a capacity of 2560 m3/h
- MUZG gas mixing unit, controlling fuel-air mixture parameters
- 28kVA alternator for powering auxilliaries
- heat exchangers with a capacity of about 600kW
- auxiliaries 0,4 kV switchgear
- 40’ ISO container, protected against corrosion and weather conditions, noise proofed, ATEX certified